Online gaming and online casinos have brought a revolution in this world. But with this big revolution came along a big problem and that is how do we pay gaming companies for their services. To solve this, lots of them have thought of various ways to pay money without interaction. Some of these methods are paying using a debit card, credit card, internet banking, direct bank transfer, online wallet apps, cryptocurrency like Bitcoins, etc. There are so many of these that you will lose count, so how do we know which one is best for us? Each one of them is programmed to do the same thing but only one of them will suit a person. Let’s take a detailed look at what are the best payment methods for online games.
What payment options do we have and what do they offer
We almost have too many options out there for paying in online games and gambling websites. Most of them are very similar to each other. Only a few have fundamentally different functions and features. Let’s see what these are:
- Debit card payment: It is a simple plastic card that provides an alternative payment method to cash. It can be used by swiping at a store or you can just put your Debit card details online and make payments. All Debit card transactions are directly made from your linked bank account. Some of the most popular debit cards are American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard, and Visa.
- Credit card payment: Credit card is very similar looking to a Debit card. It also has a plastic or sometimes a metallic body. The only thing different about credit cards is that when you use it, you are not paying directly from your bank account. Instead, it is kind of like taking small loans for a month. When you pay an amount from your credit card you need to return it next month with some interest to the company you bought the card from.
- Cryptocurrency: Cryptocurrency, or just simply crypto, is digital money. This asset is designed to work as a medium of exchange which is also an alternative to cash. Cryptocurrency uses strong cryptography to secure financial transactions, control the creation of additional unauthorized units, and verify the transfer of assets. Cryptocurrencies were not so popular a few years back but now they are more valuable than gold. One of the biggest cryptocurrencies is Bitcoin. Many online gaming websites and casinos accept payment through Bitcoins.
- Bank Transfer: Bank Transfer is also known as a wire transfer in some places. This method of transferring money is vastly accepted. This mode of transfer involves fund transfer from one person or institution to another. A wire/bank transfer can be made from one bank account to another bank account directly from a mobile phone also. Due to its nature of transferring funds directly to bank accounts, it is widely used by many players of online gaming.
- Online Wallet: An online/digital wallet is an online service where funds are preloaded from a customer’s bank account and made available using the provider’s online services. Some of the most popular providers include Skrill, Neteller, and PayPal. When we send money to a wallet it doesn’t go directly to the receiver’s bank account like the Wire transfer. Instead, it gets loaded into the receiver’s online wallet account. Now, to transfer this amount to their respective bank account the application demands a certain percentage of that money to be deducted as the service tax.
For casinos that promise their customers a fast withdrawal, online wallets and cryptocurrencies might be the best choice if you want to have an instant payout since it can take up to a week until the money arrives when the payout is done via bank transfer or credit card.
Not every payment option is made for everyone. An ideal payment option for online games is literally dependent on the person spending the money. Some people like attractive cashback so they will use wallet apps like PayPal. Some want hassle-free transactions so they will use direct bank transfers. Similarly, everyone has their own choice of payment option. But even after all that knowledge – if you don’t know what strategy to use in an online casino then no matter what payment option you use you will waste your money.